Sunday, December 17, 2017

two years!

So much has been happening since the last time I've blogged. Where to begin? Justin and I have been working through some challenges to say the least. Justin broke his back in the summer of 2016, which through off his comeback to the Minnesota Ren. Festival.  His T4-T7 were fractured due to a a bumpy ride in the back bed of a pickup truck. It resulted in Justin having two grand mall seizures and 5 days in the hospital. That experience did test our relationship, to say the least.  He also had a bad reaction to the meds they gave him which, in my opinion still linger to this day. On the up side, this year was kind of a do over, he did get to play with the band The Leprechaun Pirates this past season. The sad news is one of the members had to leave do to a compromised immune system from the chemo she received from her diagnoses of breast cancer.    My son is now 19 years old.  Nineteen. Where has that time went? He has graduated to the next stage in life, no longer is he in high school. He has started the STAR program in Chaska MN.

They are working with him to see where he can be placed, possible out comes for job placement and workforce placement. This time we have not been needing to drive out to my parents house for him to be bused to school, he is being picked up from home.  This frees up time to work more on the house, an adjustment that Justin and I have been struggling with.  It's been 4 months and the schedule is still in flux.

Although today we did get some sort of a heading for what to do next for the house and how we want to organize our home.  I have been working on my knitting again, some crochet.


I haven't been back to playing with my dolls, even though I have gotten some new "kids" that need clothes and desperately need to be played with.  I haven't yet got my sewing room (still known as warehouse 13, because of all the "treasures" that are in there) 

Yesterday I spent the day with family and friends. My mom did her annual cookie decorating parties. It was entertaining to see Justin make a monster house, out of a gingerbread house that just wouldn't stay up right.


As for the nephews they seem to be growing up so fast, last few years it was all about how many sprinkles can fit onto one cookie, now they want to make them look pretty in other ways. Jerid didn't want anything to do with the process, he likes to be on YouTube and that is all he wanted to do.

I've come back here to not only update, but to also revisit what I have felt I have lost being a way. The City of Carver still exists, I still have the depression and fear ever time I have to hear about the plans for Steamboat days. Although lately they have been kind to us, by only putting the bounce houses in front of our home, they still block off our home six ways till Sunday, (literally until Sunday night) but the upside is we are not afraid of leaving our house, and not afraid to say in our house. Which has been the issue.  We will be ever diligent and not let our guard down so that what has happened in the past does not repeat it's self.  Now all we can do is try to live our life as best we can. Thanks for reading: Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: