Friday, April 01, 2011



I would like to start off this blog by mentioning some people that have past away. Justin's father, Bill Hartley. (Pictured)


He past away on Feb. 16, 2011. Loving father, son and friend, and so much more. Though he is gone from this earth he will always be in our hearts and memories. He will be missed.




Also a long time friend and much more, Lea Ortloff. (not pictured) I have known her for a little over 17 years. (over half of my life) She had a lot of struggles, and pain, she seemed to always put on a happy face. She was a very loving person and though she had many illnesses, and physical challenges she was a fighter, and one of the strongest people, next to my late husband Eric, that I knew. She past away March 25th, 2011. She will be missed as well.






Our knitters group that gets together on Wednesdays at lake Nokomis Coffee shop in Mpls, MN(anyone is welcome and the coffee and sandwiches are good too!) put together our second annual Knitters retreat in Paynesville MN. at the Bug Bee Hive Resort. This year had been extended from three days and two nights to four days and three nights. Though I had the opportunity to be there Thursday, I chose to go there Friday.


We all worked on a preplanned project of a lace shawlett or a lace hat, although next year we are thinking it would be easier not to do lace because we like being social and working lace, being social and having wine do not mix well, though it does produce some interesting results and some interesting stories after words.


We also went into town and did some yarn shopping and we also stopped at the quilt, and bead shops as well.




At this retreat I had fully intended to blog about the whole experience. I just had to much fun and decided to write about it later.


I'll show off finished projects soon I promise and more pictures too!




No comments: